Sunday, November 15, 2009

Painting WIP 2





Here's another WIP of my final painting. I've gone back in and added some more value. Tomorrow I'm going to make it so the new tones aren't just on the top of the piece. I'm really fond of the little bird figured in there. Not a whole lot left to do on the background. Soon I'll have to paint the figure. x_x





And here's a bit of a look at a sketch I'm currently messing with of a character I have neglected for way too long. It's been so long since I've drawn him that my way of drawing has changed, so it's hard to figure him out now. x_x  The hair is really giving me trouble, and so is his bottom jaw. I'll post this again when it's finished.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, about trying to figure out how to redraw characters after your style has changed. I feel like that happens to me ALL THE TIME. It doesn't help that I have so many character.

    But what you have so far definitely looks good. To be fair, I don't know what he's supposed to look like, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's fun to take an old character and update them with the better abilities you have as well though. It's like they can look more like what you think they should in your head. So that's always really nice. :B

    ReplyDelete