Monday, October 3, 2011

Shame

A slightly belated birthday present for haikujaguar of her character Shame. This is the second time I've drawn him for this occasion, but what can I say, I like him. :P Plus with Black Blossom now being released, he's been more present on my reading list. He also helped me break out of my "how do I draw faces" drawing derp. It took a few tries though. And it seemed he'd only cooperate if he got to look right. I tried giving him a bit of a critical face, as if something not necessarily good just caught his attention.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Jaguar's writing, you should definitely give her stuff a read. I'm pretty partial to Ai-Naidari aliens myself, so I recommend reading both The Aphorisms of Kherishdar and The Admonishments of Kherishdar . Once you done that you can catch up to Black Blossom and then keep tabs on that one as it's released. Shame doesn't feature until Admonishments, but he's in Black Blossom as well. It's been interesting to see how the Calligrapher and Shame interact with each other. Every new piece of the story is a highlight of my day when I see it update.

Shame belongs to haikujaguar
texture by Hibbary 

No comments:

Post a Comment