This is a piece I’m doing for a jurried show. The only requirements for the show is that the pieces were not to exceed 6” in any direction. So I did a little painting of a rather irate monster being crammed into a too small space.
I had originally scanned this, but my scanner devoured it. So I ended up photo documenting it. It still doesn’t totally capture the image, but it’s a lot better. The image is done with acrylics, colored pencil and some ink.
Bonus silly monster thumbnails. :P How I planned how how I wanted the monster scrunched in the space. I had the idea to have bits of the monster poking out of the frame, but then the image on the whole would have had to shrink to keep in the size restriction.