Friday, October 16, 2009

About me


Hello, I'm Erin. I'm an art student here at Virginia Commonwealth University majoring in Communication Arts. My passion is concept art, and I like to make up people and critters in my limited spare time.

My second passion after art is video games, and it's the industry I hope to join. I see video games as an entertainment medium with huge potential, and one that while still young, is making leaps and bounds in advancements. I love the interactivity of the medium the most. Watching a movie or reading a book is really great, but getting to be involved and interact with the story being told seems like a very compelling vehicle to use to tell a story. Each person's experience with a video game will be different, and that makes it a very personal method in which to learn and care about a story wanting to be told.

Other than that, I'm just a generally huge nerd. I get excited over new game engines, polygon counts and cell processors. I play White Wolf RPGs, I like Star Wars, comic books and anime. You can find me on WoW as well as Team Fortress 2.

I hope to use this blog to share my school and personal work. Concepts I'm working on, things I'm learning, doodles and sketches along with works in progress. Thanks so much for taking the time to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment